Paducah, KY’s Source for Pre & Post-Operative LASIK Surgery Care
Are you ready to fix your vision once and for all – no more glasses, no more contacts? Talk to your local optometrist about LASIK surgery and your options for pre-operative and post-operative care. At Brush Optical, we provide pre and post-op surgical care for LASIK patients in Paducah, KY and throughout the surrounding areas. As a locally owned business, we understand how life-changing this surgery can be, and we’re here to help the process go smoothly so you can enjoy the best possible results. Additionally, we’ve been the local specialist for eye care since 1995, using our wealth of experience to satisfy customers all over the area. Call now to schedule a comprehensive vision exam!
What is LASIK Surgery?
LASIK surgery is another name for laser eye surgery that can help correct a wide variety of vision problems. LASIK stands for “laser-assisted in-situ keratomileusis.” During the surgery, numbing drops are placed in the eye, and a laser is used to correct your vision problems such as:
- Myopia (nearsighted)
- Hyperopia (farsighted)
Who can get LASIK Surgery?
Because of advances in ocular health, many people are good candidates for vision correction surgery. The ideal candidate for LASIK surgery is someone who experiences nearsightedness, farsightedness or some sort of astigmatism. Additionally, ideal candidates will have had NO CHANGE to their glasses or contact lens prescriptions in the last year.
What should I expect?
- Before – We’ll suggest that you stop wearing contact lenses before your evaluation and switch to your glasses prior to the surgery. You’ll be thoroughly examined, and the doctor will ask many questions to determine whether or not you’re a good candidate.
- During – If you’re deemed a good candidate, we’ll schedule you for surgery, which usually takes less than 30 minutes. You may schedule to have both eyes done at once or to have them done separately. Furthermore, eyes are given numbing drops, and the surgery is performed.
- After – You must have someone drive you home after the surgery, and your eye(s) will be covered with a shield to protect from light scratching. Remember – it’s normal to feel like there’s something in your eye for a few days after the surgery.
Laser Eye Surgery
While LASIK is the most common procedure to have done, there have been other major advances in laser treatments for eye conditions. At Brush Optical, we also offer pre and post-operative care for the following surgeries:
- LASEK (laser-assisted sub-epithelial keratomileusis)
- Epi-LASIK (epithelial laser in situ keratomileusis)
- PRK (photorefractive keratectomy)